Saturday, October 31, 2009

Things that go Splat in the Night

Here comes the yearly Halloween events. It started last night when my 4 year old grandkid (Mr Serious) came up to me and said, "You are gonna have a Crap while you are asleep". After the initial shock I verified the pronunciation with him. Yep, that's what he said.
You need to know that this is the same kid who came crying to his pre-school teachers, thumped himself on the chest , and announced,"I broke my Scrotum"!
After the teachers started to breathe on their own again, they suggested that the word just might be "Sternum". He agreed and wandered off to resume play. That left the teachers in a melted puddle wondering where a 4 year old ran across words like Sternum and Scrotum.
After accusing everyone of teaching a 4 year old some language skills that will cause heads to spin completely around like the exorcist, I went about my business. Later Mr. Serious toddled up and asked if my leg "had a crap in it yet". Aha, the correct word just might be "cramp". Yup, he agreed and went back to torturing his sister so another mystery is history.
By the way he has agreed to be Harry Potter tonight for our annual hayride thru the neighborhood while his 7 year old sister is an "Egyptian Princess". You know...." Crap-a-patra".

No comments:

Post a Comment